Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Life is short.

Life's Brief Candle
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

William Shakespeare

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I believed most of you knew this poem. It was one of our syllabus in secondary's English literature.
What inspired me to post this was because many people that I have loved had left me.
Life is short and unpredictable.
One day, you are living your life happily and the next day you realized that you are down with critical illness.
The person that is very important to me had left me when I was young and was at a age that needed love.
I used to rely on people very much, I ordered people more than doing my own thing.
I guess I don't even know how to do any house work.
Yea, I admit people dislike me when I was young. I always get what I want, no one dare to say no to me.
And this is where my so-called-princess-temper came from.
I can imagine myself pointing at people and ordering them to do my work. What a joke.
It's pretty funny to think back to the old days.
Now, I have to do everything by myself.
No one to guide me, nobody telling me what is right or wrong.
I have to make my own decision. And I wish they are right.
I even learned how to wear a pads myself by reading the super thick home doctor book that someone gave me. Remember I didn't even know what is menstruation and was super panic when it happened to me.
I bought my first lingerie myself.
Went to secondary school by doing everything myself include registering, sending my application form and even went to the school myself in parents day.
My dad is always busy, busy with work as what I was told. I only see him at night and before I left for class.
We seldom talk, maybe it's not really comfortable for girls to talk with their dad.
I also represented my dad to visit Bel's teacher.
Now, I'm at college. and about to finish my course in 3 months time after my internship programme.
Or should I said, I'm already a grown-up?
There are life ahead me, and I don't know what are they, I guess nobody knows.
But I have choices too. Choices that will eventually change my life
It's like the poem 'The Road Not Taken' ( swt, what is wrong with me and the poems =.=, suddenly so poetic )
I'm stuck, for confusing in between the choices I have.
I'm a 21 year old girl, but I have problems that a normal 21 year old girl won't have.
I have to think like a grown-up, do like a grown-up.
Should I say that I have hard times in my life? No, don't think so.
We always have choices in our life. Choices that we made to lead our own life.
So what we have now is what we chose to be.
Even though there will be sacrifices if I chose either one, I will accept it sincerely from the bottom of my heart.
It's my choice and I should take it no matter what is the consequences or what is going to happen to me.
Life is short people~ Live your life to the fullest :)

Love,
Sotong
xoxo

No comments: