Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I have a dream

I have a dream. A dream that I never want to tell anyone cause I used to think everyone is going to laugh at me.
But come to think of it now, it's not funny after all. It's my dream. :)
For those who knew me in person, you might never expect this.
But here it is, I'm spitting it out :P
My dream is to surf.. I want to go to South Africa for the summer just to learn how to surf. I've never had a chance to actually learn how to surf when I was younger. Wave back home ain't big enough for surfing. I'm turning 22 soon. I know it might be a bit late to learn how to surf, but nothing is too late if you really want it.
I love the sun and the ocean. Just came back from Napa a month ago and I've already want to go back again. Actually don't mind working there for the summer. But well I have to come back to the reality after all. Got a job in an interior design company as an intern and doing a project for an ocean villa in Jamaica. Actually made me want to go back even more.
You might be wondering, why South Africa? Well, I always wanted to go there. I want to get to know that place, get to explore it. I knew there are lots of nice beaches and bays over there. Love the culture too! I know when it comes to surfing everyone will think of Australia, California etc.. But I just want to go South Africa.
I'm not those kind of person that is willing to sit in the office from 9-5. I'm a free spirit. I might sound too young to actually say this. Who knows what will happen in 5 years time. I might be a mum of 3 kids. But that is not I really want :S I wish I'm far far away from where I am now, perhaps travel to many places that I can't finish telling all the stories in one night?
I live my life once, I really want to make full use of it before it ends.
I know people always say, work hard and earn more money and you get to do what you want after. What if I worked really hard and only get slightly wealthy when i was in my 40? can I still learn how to surf? I doubt so.
I know it's too early to actually say anything. But it's a dream, and I never give up !
Hopefully I'll be able to learn how to surf end of this year. South Africa here I come :)

xx
Reanne

No comments: